The Bart Ingredients company has been sourcing and selling herbs & spices for over 60 years. In that time the business has grown from being a husband-and-wife team selling spice racks locally, to an organisation with over 200 employees with products distributed across the UK. Today the business remains privately owned and is in its sixth year of being part of the Fuchs Gruppe family – the world’s largest privately owned herbs & spices business.
Our purpose is simple – ‘To bring the joy of food to life’ and to do it in the most sustainable way. The success of the business is routed in its people who make the business what it is with their shared passion for achieving the best and cultivating the family culture we are proud to retain.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Technical Manager to work in our facility in Newbury. The purpose of this role is to manage the Technical aspects of the site and processes, be a key member of the site management team and serve as a key interface with central Technical functions.
• Responsible for the Technical Management of the site, ensuring compliance to all food safety and legal requirements.
• Ensure customer standards and expectations are met.
• Drive Food Safety & Quality culture on site.
• Working closely with Bart ingredients Technical & Food Defence Teams, ensuring best practice.
• Managing the Site QA team.
• HACCP team leader.
• Manage site FSQMS.
• Lead 3rd party audits on site, retaining the highest level of accreditation to BRCGS and customer audits.
• Manage NCR and Complaints, including trending and analysing data.
• To be actively involved in NPD process from concept to launch.
• Complete daily site inspections with production management, identify issues and propose/ assist with implementation of corrective actions.
• Fully involved in a proactive approach to site Health and Safety.
• HACCP L3 or above
• Food Safety L3 or above
• Food Science degree or similar is preferable, but not essential
• Proven experience in a Factory Technical role
• Experience with retailer standards and audits
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient IT skills
Hours and location of work:
The hours for this role are 40 hours per week Monday – Friday with a salary of up to £50,000 with up to 10% annual bonus based on KPI’s.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Bart Ingredients are committed to promoting equal opportunities and a rich diversity within our workplace. Every job applicant and employee is treated fairly and equally, with dignity and respect. We understand the needs and benefits of an inclusive workforce and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind towards any of our employees.
Bart Ingredients are proud to be an equal opportunities employer we recruit on a fair and equal basis. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender or gender reassignment, disability, pregnancy & maternity, sexual orientation, religion or belief or marriage/civil partnership. We will not ask you about any unspent criminal convictions during the recruitment process.
We are a proud disability confident employer. If you declare you are a disabled candidate and whose skills match the minimum basic job requirements, we will guarantee you an interview.
We recognise that people are different and can work in different ways. If you need any adjustments during the recruitment process or for applying in a different format, please let our HR team know and they will be happy to help.