The Bart Ingredients company has been sourcing and selling herbs & spices for over 60 years. In that time the business has grown from being a husband-and-wife team selling spice racks locally, to an organisation with over 200 employees with products distributed across the UK. Today the business remains privately owned and is in its sixth year of being part of the Fuchs Gruppe family – the world’s largest privately owned herbs & spices business.
Our purpose is simple – ‘To bring the joy of food to life’ and to do it in the most sustainable way. The success of the business is routed in its people who make the business what it is with their shared passion for achieving the best and cultivating the family culture we are proud to retain.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Operative to work in our facility in Severn Beach. This purpose of this role is to assist with the effective and efficient picking of orders for internal and external customers, loading and unloading delivery vehicles, racking away stock from loading bays.
• Receiving and checking stock on arrival for quantities and batches, completing paperwork and check sheets, and passing the paperwork over to the Warehouse Administrator or Warehouse Shift Manager.
• Use hand held scanner to pick accurately, efficiently and safely within despatch deadlines to meet our customer demands – including checks for BBE and quality.
• Wrapping pallets prior to despatch.
• Despatching orders, ensuring paperwork is complete.
• Conducting physical inventory checks in line with the Physical Inventory Check schedule.
• Generating, checking and signing paperwork and passing to appropriate departments.
• Storing stock in appropriate manner and following directions from Navision for putaway’s, via hand held scanner.
• Ensuring stock accuracy through all warehouse functions and procedures.
• Checking orders for correct quantities and ensuring paperwork is marked accurately – including quantities and batches.
• Inspection of delivery and collection vehicles to ensure cleanliness, food safety and general safety.
• Ensuring all system and procedures are followed correctly .
• Working a in safe and tidy manner.
• Ensure compliance to the Company’s Data Protection Policy at all times.
• Reporting any issues to Warehouse Shift Manager
• Pick accuracy
• Pallet movements per hour
• Reach truck and counterbalance license essential
• Previous warehouse experience working in a large DC desirable
Hours and location of work:
Rotating shifts 06:00-14:00 and 14:00-22:00 Monday – Friday with an annual salary of £30,034
The hours for this role are 40 hours per at Severn Beach.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 9th February
Diversity & Inclusion:
Bart Ingredients are committed to promoting equal opportunities and a rich diversity within our workplace. Every job applicant and employee is treated fairly and equally, with dignity and respect. We understand the needs and benefits of an inclusive workforce and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind towards any of our employees.
Bart Ingredients are proud to be an equal opportunities employer we recruit on a fair and equal basis. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender or gender reassignment, disability, pregnancy & maternity, sexual orientation, religion or belief or marriage/civil partnership. We will not ask you about any unspent criminal convictions during the recruitment process.
We are a proud disability confident committed employer. If you declare you are a disabled candidate and whose skills match the minimum basic job requirements, we will guarantee you an interview.
We recognise that people are different and can work in different ways. If you need any adjustments during the recruitment process or for applying in a different format, please let our HR team know and they will be happy to help.