The Bart Ingredients company has been sourcing and selling herbs & spices for over 60 years. In that time the business has grown from being a husband-and-wife team selling spice racks locally, to an organisation with over 200 employees with products distributed across the UK. Today the business remains privately owned and is in its sixth year of being part of the Fuchs Gruppe family – the world’s largest privately owned herbs & spices business.
Our purpose is simple – ‘To bring the joy of food to life’ and to do it in the most sustainable way. The success of the business is routed in its people who make the business what it is with their shared passion for achieving the best and cultivating the family culture we are proud to retain.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Supervisor to work in our facility in Severn Beach. This purpose of this role is to assist with the effective and efficient management of the warehouse.
• Management and development of the warehouse team to ensure cross functional skills, and to ensure the team meet business demands.
• Input onto Nav intake paperwork and check sheets, ensuring all inbound deliveries are checked on arrival and any discrepancies recorded.
• Managing the picking of orders to ensure customer orders are ready to be shipped on time and in full (including checks for BBE and quality), issuing pick notes to the team, and monitoring the efficiency of picking through KPI’s.
• Ensuring orders are despatched within time scales.
• Ensuring raw materials and packaging are issued to production in a timely manner.
• Ensuring that the correct quantity of raw materials and packaging are consumed against the order.
• Issuing Physical Inventory checks to the warehouse team in line with the schedule.
• Inputting inventory checks onto the system and investigating any stock discrepancies.
• Ensuring stock is stored in an appropriate manner and following directions from Navision for put-away’s.
• Maximise resources including staff, equipment, and space to achieve continuous improvement in the department.
• Ensuring stock accuracy through all warehouse functions and procedures.
• Raising invoices for internal warehouse customers.
• Develop operator skills and raise any training queries.
• Ensure all staff work in a safe manner and that adherence to timekeeping is maintained.
• Ensure all systems and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Operational reporting of incidents and accidents.
• Reach tuck and counterbalance licenses.
• Management experience of a warehouse environment.
• Leadership skills, with a track record of engaging and coaching teams.
• Highly organised, efficient & approachable.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• ERP implementation and upgrade experience desirable.
• Scissor lift experience desirable.
Hours and location of work:
The hours for this role are 40 hours per week Monday – Friday between 1.30pm-10pm at Severn Beach.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Bart Ingredients are committed to promoting equal opportunities and a rich diversity within our workplace. Every job applicant and employee is treated fairly and equally, with dignity and respect. We understand the needs and benefits of an inclusive workforce and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind towards any of our employees.
Bart Ingredients are proud to be an equal opportunities employer we recruit on a fair and equal basis. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender or gender reassignment, disability, pregnancy & maternity, sexual orientation, religion or belief or marriage/civil partnership. We will not ask you about any unspent criminal convictions during the recruitment process.
We are a proud disability confident committed employer. If you declare you are a disabled candidate and whose skills match the minimum basic job requirements, we will guarantee you an interview.
We recognise that people are different and can work in different ways. If you need any adjustments during the recruitment process or for applying in a different format, please let our HR team know and they will be happy to help.