The Bart Ingredients company has been sourcing and selling herbs & spices for over 60 years. In that time the business has grown from being a husband-and-wife team selling spice racks locally, to an organisation with over 200 employees with products distributed across the UK. Today the business remains privately owned and is in its sixth year of being part of the Fuchs Gruppe family – the world’s largest privately owned herbs & spices business.
Our purpose is simple – ‘To bring the joy of food to life’ and to do it in the most sustainable way. The success of the business is routed in its people who make the business what it is with their shared passion for achieving the best and cultivating the family culture we are proud to retain.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a QA Technician to work in our facility in Severn Beach. The purpose of this role is to assist in maintaining a programme of quality assurance. This is a FTC for 12 months to cover maternity leave.
• Quality Assurance – ensure that all raw materials, BIFGs are sampled according to procedures.
• Carry out GMP Audits and report them promptly to the relevant departmental manager and follow up to ensure issues have been resolved and closed out adequately.
• Environmental Sampling – Take environmental samples, swabs, water etc according to the schedule and send for appropriate analyses.
• Monitoring Checks – Carry out CCP verification, daily scale checks and any other daily or weekly monitoring, e.g. temperatures of refrigerators, environmental monitoring in warehouse etc.
• Glass and Hard Plastic Control – Ensure audits are carried out as per the schedule.
• NCRs – Ensure that any NCR raised, is properly investigated, that the root cause is identified and that the NCR is closed out.
• Allergen Monitoring of Plant & Equipment – As and when required carry out allergen swabbing.
• Inspection reports – Ensure that these are reviewed and that anything that may be released without inspection is released in a timely fashion, with no impact to production or logistics.
• Raw Material and Packaging Approvals – Assess new raw materials and packaging against specifications and QAS sheets, check for issues. Liaise with suppliers as appropriate to obtain the necessary information.
• Retain Samples – Ensure all samples are correctly stored and at end of life are sent for the appropriate testing.
• Complete Internal Audits.
• Highly organised, efficient & approachable.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills.
Hours and location of work:
The hours for this role are 40 hours per week Monday – Friday between 1.30pm-10pm at Severn Beach.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Bart Ingredients are committed to promoting equal opportunities and a rich diversity within our workplace. Every job applicant and employee is treated fairly and equally, with dignity and respect. We understand the needs and benefits of an inclusive workforce and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind towards any of our employees.
Bart Ingredients are proud to be an equal opportunities employer we recruit on a fair and equal basis. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, ethnicity, gender or gender reassignment, disability, pregnancy & maternity, sexual orientation, religion or belief or marriage/civil partnership. We will not ask you about any unspent criminal convictions during the recruitment process.
We are a proud disability confident committed employer. If you declare you are a disabled candidate and whose skills match the minimum basic job requirements, we will guarantee you an interview.
We recognise that people are different and can work in different ways. If you need any adjustments during the recruitment process or for applying in a different format, please let our HR team know and they will be happy to help.